Saturday, October 11, 2014

Heartfelt

Today, I'm going to shamelessly plug my memoir, MY BUTTERFLY CANCER. It's on a special #kindle promotion today through next Friday, with an introductory price of just 1.99 in the first 48 hours. You can get it here for Kindle, or in print at CreateSpace or Amazon and Barnes&Noble.

This is my story of survival. Last year, I was diagnosed with leukemia. Leukemia is a cancer of the blood. In my case, the baby cells in my bone marrow that should have matured into red cells, white cells, or platelets never matured. Instead, they crowded out the healthy cells until I was so anemic that I could barely walk ten feet. My treatments were all in-patient, and I had to stay in a hospital 3 hours from my home. The first round of chemotherapy nearly killed me. I began bleeding internally, and they could barely transfuse enough blood to keep me going. I also developed a severe fungal infection in all my organs and tissues, so wide-spread that the doctor said he'd "never seen a patient with so much fungus in the body before"! 8 months of intensive treatment and numerous stays in the hospital, and I can now say that I'm in remission. But I will always bear the scars that cancer has left on my body and my soul. I still have scar tissue from the fungal infection. I'm still underweight. I'll never again be the busy, hard-working person I was before. But you know what? I'm okay with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, but please, keep comments clean!

Followers